Sunday, March 7, 2010

Unsent letter

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter hoping it would reach somebody who trully cares for the team that I learned to love.

I have been with the SDG Retail team for 2 and half years. When i was starting there i felt welcome, my teammates were good people, they taught me everyhting I needed to learn to be able to breeze through the work. Then they left - all of them at the same time and it was as if the world was on our shoulders. EC, the manager, assured us that the team can survive without them. I heard stories about why they left and all that stuff. I told myself that I won't listen to them, I'm just gonna work, but at the back of my mind, there was a nagging feeling that something is wrong.

After a while I started to notice things, like how people sleep while we work, how EC talks to much and how he shares stories that should not be shared, and how he promises things he can't keep. I kept my mouth shut all those times. Even when he shares personal stories of people, of his friends, of his lady conquests, i just kept quiet and never said a word, He is my boss after all.

It was never comfortable talking to him, he had a reputation of talking a lot and I don't want him discussing my personal stuff with his friends over beer or yosi.

I am an apprentice and I had to stay with the company for 2 years, but even before my 2-year bond ended i was dying to get out of the company, I am not happy with the team I am in. You keep thinking that the problem is the people, because people keep leaving - but you have to open your eyes, people won't start looking for work if they are happy where they are at the moment.

Here is the truth: People are leaving because they see somthing wrong in the management, they don't trust their manager and people will continue to leave if you don't fix things. So I hope this letter reaches the right recipient(s).

How can you trust a manager who hooks up with his direct report? How could you trust him to make fair decisions? How can you respect somebody who can't keep his private life private? who influences the team with his love fights with his gf. They fight and we know it.

I am writing this because I care for the team. The best solution is for you to move him to a different team or move his girlfriend to a different team. This is just for starters. You need to move. You can make a difference.

Sincerely,

==o0o==

As of now, tintin, the gf posted nasty stuff on her facebook page. She broke up with the manager/bf because she does not approve of his decision. Great huh?? After a while they got back together. Things should be done here, things should be set straight, because his decisions, his actions are more personal than professional. Haaaay. As of now people are still leaving the team, sana magising ang upper management at sana may mabago na...

No comments:

Post a Comment