Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I am not into cooking..


..okay that's a lie, I love cooking but cooking broke my heart and refused to love me. I can do basic dishes, but unlike other girly girls my skills are limited to "prito" and "gisa" hahahha

I grew up watching my mom work the kitchen floor, she can do Filipino dishes and she can cook up a mean pasta dish! - she is so versatile when it comes to cooking; She has this natural flair to cook, her senses always seem to know what is missing in the dishes she cooks. Aside from that she can bake - talk about talent!

I want to be like my mom someday, I wanna cook food that my children will love and look for until they're old. I have to practice - well, I am starting.. sort of.. For the past week I've been trying to cook meals for Chicco and the kids (my siblings), I tried my mom's recipe of old fashioned sinigang last Monday, it was one of those foolproof dishes that anybody can get away with - I was confident that they would like it, and besides who doea'nt love sinigang? I cooked the sinigang in the morning, and come afternoon my first dish was sampled by the jury a.k.a Chicco and the kids - whoa! they love it! It was a small feat - One point for me!! Since I wanted to start with basic dishes, I decided to cook adobo on Tuesday - hmm this one is kinda simple, but I had to be mindful when frying-the-meat part comes, my jury wants their adobo a bit fried and the last time I attempted to fry their adobo it became uling-like. The verdict? two thumbs up - err i mean 6 thumbs up! The meat ended up super tender and it was fried just the way the jury liked it - Two points for me.. Yebah! For Wednesday I opted for chicken, I was torn between doing sinampalukan ang tinola, then I realized that sinampalukan is similar to sinigang which I cooked 2 days ago, I don't want my jury thinking that I am not versatile - bwahaha so there I cooked tinola - hmm it did'nt turn out the way I wanted it to be, it was too bland for my taste but apparently 2 out of the 3 jury members liked it (Boooo Chicco! hahaha). I wanted greens in our meal tonight so just this morning I cooked ginisang bichuwelas(I hoped I spelled it right), it's a veggie that is part of the bean family.. I think I overcooked it, but hopeully I would still get majority of the jury's vote.. hehehe

So there - I'm not sure what to cook tomorrow, have'nt given it a thought yet, maybe I should go for a fish dish? Oh well, worse comes to worst I still have tocino in my ref.. hahaha

My quest to domesticate myself has started.. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment