Sunday, April 18, 2010

RECIPE: Tuna Spaghetti

There was nothing left on the fridge today and I don't have the energy or the will to brave the heat outside and go to the grocery. It was past lunchtime and we have'nt eaten anything the whole day. I checked the ref and found out that I have leftover spaghetti noodles from my brother's birthday, leftover tomato sauce from the pork in tomato sauce thingy and also Century Tuna in oil. What to do? Improvise! Right then and there I decided to make my own version of Tuna Spaghetti! Mind you, it's the first time I made this dish and it came out really well :)

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

onions
garlic
pepper
sugar
Filipino style tomato sauce
1 can Century Tuna flakes in oil
Italian Seasoning
cheese
Magnolia Gold Butter (I often use this is cooking - gives a salty taste to the dish, and I sooo love the smell) 
Spaghetti noodles

For the sauce:
Step 1:
Saute minced garlic and onions in Magnolia Gold butter until the onions are transparent. Add drained Tuna and a dash of peppe, let it sit for a while for flavors to blend together.

Step 2:
Add tomato sauce and let it simmer. Add a dash of sugar and Italian seasoning and again let the flavors blend before adding the next ingredients,

Step 3,
Add grated cheese and again a dash of pepper. Stir and adjust seasonig to your taste.

***Cook noodles as per package instructions

There you go, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment