Friday, November 4, 2011

October 30, 2011 - The Jason Mraz experience

It was our first concert together. Yeah, I have a thing for milestones and the thing about new relationships is that there are tons of firsts and I make a mental note of the details of each and every one of our firsts. I am ridiculously in love. :)

I was strutting in my 5-inch heels with Miguel's arm around me while mentally humming Jason Mraz' "You and I both" a little before 8pm. I was giddy from the moment we reached Cubao area and I became giddier the moment we got to our seats. The place was packed! Good thing we got patron seats. When the lights dimmed my heart skipped a beat -- there was no front act, no silly introductions -- it was Jason Mraz right from the start 'til the very end.

There was no band just three guitars which he rotated all throughout the concert and Toca Rivera's wonderful musical hands and reggae voice. It was pure talent. I am not familiar with some of the songs he played, but I literally jumped off my seat when he sang "You and I both" and my hips swayed when Jason played "Remedy". Awesome night. Epic. It was the kind of concert where you don't need to know the lyrics of the songs to enjoy the music. We went there for the talent and it was worth every peso.

All throughout the concert Miguel kept saying that Jason M. has yet to play "I'm yours", he was about to give up hope when Jason and Toca suddenly did their bap-bap-du-bi-da-wap thing and started humming the intro of "I'm yours". I can see from Miguel's face that he was excited as ever! We danced side by side, we hugged, we sang out loud, we kissed and we smiled at each other. It was romantic. It was the perfect end to a perfect evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment