Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas 2011

In a week, it would be Christmas. I realized this fact while Sarah and I were casuallyt alking about Christmas Parties and changing our regular worn-out bills to crisp and fragrant ones which would be given to inaanaks - most of which I only get to see once a year and of course they chose Christmas day to visit Ninang Alecs :)

I remember when I was younger Christmas is a big deal for me. Aside from my birthday, it's one of the holidays where I receive gifts. I like receiving gifts that went through a thinking process or have meanings. When I was 9 years old my Tita Liza gave me a watch because she saw how on time I was and how fidgety I get when I am late.There was also a time wasy back in highschool when mommy gave me a bag -- a huge one, just because she knows that I tend to put tons of things in my bag and because she knows I like oversized bags. Miguel gave me books that I was looking for a long long time because he knows I like to read. See? Gifts with significance makes ordinary days extra special. I am not saying that I don't appreciate other gifts - the mere fact that I am on somebody's gift list is enough to make my heart go pitter-patter. I just feel extra special when someone takes time to get to know what I really want :)

This Christmas is the first one that we get to spend with Cholo - our little angel, the blessing that made our family closer than ever. This is also the first Christmas(in 5 years) where Denise is no longer with Erick, I know my sister is sad right now so we need to make her feel loved more than ever. This is the first Christmas when I am worried to bits because my mom would be undergoing an operation after the holidays. This is my first Christmas with Miguel, after years of having ordinary holidays I know this one would be... LEGEN ..wait for it.. DARY!(Barney Stinson voice. lol). 

What I want for Christmas is for everyone I love to be safe and happy and at peace. I wish Mom's operation would go well and I wish that Dad would take care of himself more, I wish that Denise would be enlightened and would be able to make the decision to move forward or to fully let go of Erick, I wish that Miguel would pass his embassy interview. I wish Cholo would grow up to be a good boy. I know wished do come true, it's part of the Christmas magic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment