Tuesday, March 8, 2011

CnT Lechon Cebu

We were able to leave Mactan Airport around 9:00pm, we loaded our stuff on the rented van and off we went to play tourists. After visitng the landmarks of Cebu, we decided to have lunch - one of us suggested that we eat at CnT. I heard about this place from foodies and I know that I wanted to visit the place and sample their famous lechon. People always associate Cebu with lechon so I am llooking forward to this experience.

We arrived at the Cnt Restaurant(near SM Cebu) around 11:00, we thought we were early but the line for the lechon was crazy! That's a good thing for me, that means people go back to that place so their food must be yummy. So Marvin, Jlo and Christy lined up for our lechon and around 12:00 we were finally able to start eating. 

What we ordered? 3kilos Lechon, 9 cups of plain rice, 9 suman-like rice called pu-so, 2 servings of pancit and 2 servings of chopsuey. Yeah - we were hungry! lol

The verdict? We were able to prove that lechon Cebu definitely does not need sauce and that 3kilos was overkill for 9 people, including the driver. lol! Unlike most lechons, every inch of the Cnt Lechon was ooozing with flavor, it was juicy and it did not give a raw-feel when munching on the meat. The balat of the Lechon wasn't crispy and was a bit salty for my taste and mind you, I have a really high tolerance for salty food. 
Would I go back? For the Lechon, yes. But for the chopsuey and pancit - no sir. 

In fact I did go back to Cnt -- not on the same store or the same day, but on their branch inside SM Cebu on the day of our flight home. I brought home a box of their Lechon goodness.

You can go ahead and try their Lechon, but make sure that you go there early - kung ayaw nyo malipasan ng gutom :)

CNT Lechon
1377 V. Rama Avenue
Guadalupe, Cebu City
Phone: (6332) 254-4249, (6332) 254-6641

No comments:

Post a Comment