Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Suelas vs. Posh Pocket Shoes

As I've said again and again - I love flats! Flats are a girls bestfriend, they can make life easier for women, they have a range of designs that goes from day to night plus they are a lot cheaper than heels.

Finding the right flats for me was a journey, I tried various brands but was always disappointed. Either they hurt my feet, cause calluses or they just break easily.

I stumbled upon Suelas almost 2 years back, I fell inlove with their simplicity of their Llanura flats and the fact that their flats are monochromatic. I was hesitant to order a pair since I am not sure what size to order. I used to just go to their website and just drool at the shoes they sell. Then one day I just had the guts to order -- I sent an order form and waited anxiously for the package after their confirmation. Finally after a day of waiting, I got the shoes, my first pair was a silver textured llanura and it was love at first sight! I slipped on the pair and tried to walk around and man oh man was I surprised with the comfort it gives. It wasn't long before I started ordering more pairs and now I am on my 13th pair :)

On the plus side, the shoes are delivered in a foldable canvas for easy storage. The canvas is made my Suelas' partner - Gawad Kalinga. The people behind Suelas offered a means for the people of Payatas to provide for their families. It makes my heart flutter knowing that each pair I buy helps a family in need. Suelas shoes also are sewn and not just glued! This makes the lifespan of your Suelas longer.

The only downside I see with Suelas is that the design of their shoes does not really change much. So you get to stick with the same style just with different colors. As of this writing, I can see them trying to incorporate the style of their shoes to today's trend and I think that is the path they should take. 

Posh Pocket Shoes is a different story, their shoes shows that a thought process was in place when creating their shoes. The designs are dainty and girly and is so today. As with Suelas, they have an array of colors to choose from. Also, Poshies have the same effect when walking, I can literally walk hours with my Poshies. I have 2 pairs right now and one that I gave to my sister. Looking forward to their Summer Collection! 

I prefer Posh Pocket Shoes' zippy bags versus Suelas' canvas bags. True that both are foldable but I find the zippy bag more useful and easier to carry around than Suelas' slightly complicated canvas.

What I have issues with are the sizes of Poshies - note the my true size was reflected in Suelas. In Poshies you have to order either half a size bigger or even a whole size bigger than your regular size. BUT the big news is that Nadine of Posh Pocket Shoes is a joy to order from, changing sizes was a breeze. 

What I am so proud of these two brands is that both are proudly Filipino made and both are established by young entrepreneurs, young ladies who undertand what we Filipinas need. Kudos to Nadine of Posh Pocket Shoes and to Jackie and Kaye of Suelas!

Do I have to choose? No. So do you, both are affordable shoes and I know each purchase is worth it.

Order a pair now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi yung shoe size mo same tlga sa suelas?? Iba kase cm nla... hindi ka nagbase sa cm size?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes yung shoe size ko tlaga inorder ko. di ako nag-base sa sizing nila na naka cm :)

    ReplyDelete