Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gigi's Custaroons

Everybody is raving about how yummy this dessert is and I have been ogling their website for months now. Last night we stopped by Trinoma on our way home and Boyito went to The Parvati store to satisfy his cake cravings and lo and behold - they sell custaroons! Yipee! I bought a box of their bite size custaroons in assorted flavors, cheese and original. And I immediately opened the box and tasted one of each flavor. 
Photo from here.

The verdict? It was yummy, it was actually delicious but it wasn't mind blowing. For me, the look did not match the taste, it looked yummier than it tasted. It reminded me of the macaroons my mom makes and I expected more than that since I paid P300.00 for a box. I do have to commend the packaging though, the box looks like a million bucks!

FYI. Custaroon is an improved version of our local macaroons. It incorporated a layer of custard at the bottom and the typical macaroon with all the coconut goodness on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment