Friday, July 20, 2012

Today..


Earlier today I received an SMS from a friend - actually she is one of Miguel's friends. We first started bonding whenever I watched the boyfriend's basketball game. We cheer for the same team since her hubby, Jake and my Miguel are teammates -- they are friends in and out of the basketball court.

Okay back to the story, so around 10am I got a text message from Dawn asking me to help her with some preparations for her baby's baptism. So we met at 2pm and inquired about Max's package at Edsa Shang and then reserved a slot on August 26 at St. Francis de Assisi, the church at the back of Shang. We then walked from there to Megamall to find items for baby Drake's gift registry. It was fun to go through baby stuff and look for things that the baby can use. These are the times that I wish that I have my own baby. Anyhoo, I like that I am able to bond with Miguel's friends I like that I am expanding my friend-network. I know that I'd be able to endure a long distance relationship if I have friends around me.

It was a fun day. The best part was 4hours in Happy Lemon just talking about nothing and everything. We have more in common that I first thought, the family ties, the upbringing and our rants about our men. See Miguel and Jake have similar flaws I am glad that we still have a couple of years to settle down, we can grow and be ready and be the best partner for each other. It was fun ranting and comparing notes and just bashing men in general. What we agreed upon is that women grow faster then men in terms of maturity. It was a fun and mentally-stimulating conversation.

After 4hours of complaining how my boyfriend is all work and no play, he called me add told me that it was raining cats and dogs outside. Miguel asked me where I am and asked me to stay put so he can fetch me and Dawn then bring us home. Isn't he the sweetest? I guess despite his shortcomings and his streaks of immaturity he is the best person for me. He compensates for his shortcomings by loving me unconditionally and taking care of me. Partida, he came from nightshift got out of work at 7pm and  he made sure that Dawn and I gets home safely. At this time I got a text from him telling me he is at home already and is getting ready for work. Superhero. Do I hear you saying Ammazziinnng? He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment