Thursday, September 22, 2011

Frogs and Voldemorts

I can never love anyone as much as I love you, you are the first person to pick me up when I am down, you are the only person who notices when something is wrong with me even if I am smiling, you and I have a bond that is unbreakable - nobody knows me like you do. I like waking up in the morning, when everyone is still sleeping and watching the sun go up with you, drinking coffee, talking about my dreams and yours, talking about life. Talking about us and our family, and the way you always tell me to slow down and enjoy life. I like that you are the only person who knows the color of my eyes and the exact spot where my dimples are. I love that you know what I like and what I don't like to eat. You are an inspiration and you are the best role model a girl can ever have. I wanna be like you, mom. I can't be the best person in the world because you already own that title, but I can try, right?

You watched me fall down a lot of times and not once did I hear anyhting from you, you helped me stand again and encouraged me to move forward. You are my own version of Lily Potter, you protect me with your unconditional love from all the Voldemorts who broke my heart.

I know that you dream that I find a man who can love me and respect me and be there for me until the day I die. You always tell me to look for a man who can peel me my mangoes, who can wake up in the middle of the night and talk to me when I am in one of my odd moods, a man who can eat my leftovers, a man who is not scared to hug me and kiss me in front of other people, a man who dream my dreams, a man who can understand why I cry a lot, a man who can make me smile first thing in the morning, a man who can face dad and tell him he loves me, a man who dreams of marrying me and not just sleeping with me, a man who would not shout at me and treats me as his equal, a man who is willing to get wet just to make sure not a drop of rain touches me, a man who can hold my hand and never let go, a man who loves you and daddy and my brothers and sisters. I remember your words, mom. I do. I wish I listened to you more when I was younger, I would've been spared all the heartbreaks.

I now know you are wise beyond your years, mom. I learned the hard way to ALWAYS listen to you. I know that you are very much waiting for my prince charming to come as much as I do. Believe me, I am tired of mistaking frogs for my Prince Charming. I really am. That is why I am keeping my guard on. I know your shield is as strong as ever but I don't want to use it anymore - becasue the next time I fall inlove, it would not be to a frog or a Voldemort -- he would be the one. And you would get what you always wanted for me - everlasting happiness and beautiful, long legged babies.

So now, we wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment