Monday, February 11, 2013

8 weeks

The baby turned 8 weeks yesterday. According to my OB the baby's weeksary is every Monday :)

So what is it like to be 8 weeks pregnant? A lot of lazy days, nausea and vomiting. I feel hungry and full at the same time - yes it can happen, believe me. I also have this weird metallic taste in my mouth that comes and goes. The doctor gave me folicard for the baby and I am currently drinking Anmum. I am at the point where I can feel the baby already -- not the kicks and movements just a tiny pulse in my stomach which moves a little to the left when I go to sleep. I am not 100% sure it's the baby but I am hoping it is because feeling that tiny pulse against my belly makes me look forward to the time when I can finally hold our baby. It makes me more motivated to stay healthy.

Right now, my diet mainly consists of fish and rice, cereals, low fat milk, fruits and the occasional meat. Miguel swears that my hips are getting wider which is backed up by the fact that my pants aren't too comfortable to wear anymore. I am down to my loose pieces of clothing and I am hiding behind layers of coats and cardigans. Pretty soon, I would have to but a whole new set of wardrobe! The time when my belly is barely showing but my hips are widening is extreme torture! It's like the awkward stage of growing your hair out. I know it's worth it though, the pulsing belly says so. Four more weeks baby love and we are finally on our safe zone - the second trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment