Monday, February 11, 2013

Christmas a thousand times over!

You know the feeling of wanting something really really bad and finally getting it? It's like Christmas a thousand times over! 

2013 is the year that I get promoted - from a big sister and a daughter to a mom! I wanted to write about this the moment I knew about the little baby growing inside of me, but Miguel and I wanted to let the important people know about our little angel in person. I wanted the news to be within family and friends first -- if it was not for some complications with my blood pressure that might affect my work I would not have let my bosses know at all. Yeah, for me this is intimate, plus I like the feeling of walking around and touching my belly knowing I have something special inside of me. My little secret :)

I am happy that everyone is excited about the baby. Miguel and I are lucky to have family and friends who love us so much that they welcomed the baby immediately and we have a whole bunch of people wanting to be ninongs and ninangs already! This is one lucky kid I'm carrying.

My mom's side of the family is insisting that it's gonna be a girl. Yeah, fearless forecast. And yeah, they want a girl so bad. Miguel is rooting for a boy though, which I think is understandable knowing that every man wants a son to carry their name. He is excited, you know. I remember his face the moment my OB showed us our baby for the first time. A small pulsing dot. A life inside of me. The look on Miguel's face was priceless. He was grinning from ear to ear, I am happy that this little pulsing dot will grow up being loved by it's daddy. I am lucky to have Miguel, I am lucky to be sharing this experience with him, I am lucky that my baby daddy loves me and the baby and is taking extreme means to take care of us. I am lucky to start a family with the love of my life.

So here you go, meet the pulsing dot inside me.. kamuka ko noh? hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment