Thursday, February 21, 2013

Baby Bump -- thump! thump!

Dear Baby,

It's cold today. It took all my energy just to get up and prepare for work. Given a choice I would be snuggling a pillow with a blanket covering me -- buuut Momma has to work. When you grow up I want you understand what responsibility means, I want you to know the value of time and I want you to understand that sometimes you have to give up what you want and do what needs be done. I want you to be a better version of Mommy and Daddy.

Yesterday I was a bit nervous because my head hurt so much and when I checked my BP it was 140/90. I prioritize your well being, baby love. I would stop the world just to make sure you are doing okay. So I lay down in one of our sleeping quarters and rested until I my heartbeat slowed down and I felt your regular thumping-in-my-tummy routine against my belly. Thump all you want, baby. Let me know that you are still there.

I smiled when I saw my belly earlier - you are getting big now. I like that. I am using the pants Daddy bought for us -- ooooh I love the gartered waist band! I can sit without you getting squished! I can't wear a lot of my clothes now and your Ninang Dane is plotting on which pre-you clothes she can "borrow" from me haha I am in love with cardigans right now, baby. I want to feel warm and comfortable while I am carrying you. If I am grumpy, i have a hunch that you'd be grumpy too -- so comfy clothes are my new thing.

I gotta work now, little one. Keep hugging mommy, okay?

Love,
The lady with the bump

No comments:

Post a Comment