Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Sneak Peak

For the past two years I have been thinking if I have made the right decision to purchase a house. I wasn't sure if I could squeeze it in my budget but being the stubborn person that I am, I pushed through with the plan. From housing expos to trippings with various agents until finally I found the place I wanted, it was a long process and it was really a nerve wracking experience, after all it is a tough decision for a then 26 year old me. 

The monthly payment for the first 15 months to pay for just the downpayment really hurt my pocket it was a challenging time and  a lot of adjustments were made. I had to give up some of my guilty pleasures, from shoes to clothes and even out of town trips. I had to adjust my family's budget, too. Tough times. After the 15-month period the developer helped me apply to various banks to get the best housing loan terms, the monthly installment was not as big as the first 15months but it still has an impact to my monthly budget. I got to a point that I wanted to sell the place and I wanted to quit, but thinking of the effort I already exerted to get that place made me stick to my plan. Believe me, buying a house at 26 is a headache, it was not a walk in the park. It's true that the best time to buy a house is when you already paid for your wedding. I should have listened but nooooo I had to do it my way, tsk. 

All of the frustrations and regrets went down the drain when one Friday morning the boyfriend and I went all the way to the South to check on the house. I made the right choice. It might not be the conventional choice but I'd buy that house again in a heartbeat. It's worth all the sacrifices :)

corner lot

The neighborhood
We got excited on planning to improve the house, we want to add a dirty kitchen, a den and a garage. It was the first time we saw the house all made up with it's window fixtures, the paint, the fully made up bathrooms. It was an emotional experience. We are already planning on hosting dinners for friends.haha

I guess I am on the right track after all. It's still a long way ahead of us before we settle down on this place but looking at what I was able to accomplish the past two years makes me feel blessed. Thank you Papa Jesus!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! you bought a new house at the age of 26. ang bongga mo lang. Na inspired naman ako, I still have 5 years para mag ipon. hehe :) Congratulations on your new house :)

    ♥ Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I went through hard times! I'm happy to know that I inspired you in my own little way :) Gumugurl power lng ang peg ko :) Of course, ang paayos ng house at furnitures ay sa boyfriend ko na. hihi

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a beautiful house. I love your story on what you had to go through to achieve it. I hope one day I'll also accomplish the same when I get married. :)

    http://adlyvelasco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will! Lakasan lng ng loob at madaming madaming prayers :)

      Delete