Thursday, August 2, 2012

Suy Bags

In as much as I am a fan of branded stuff, in this day and time splurging on branded items is no longer practical unless you are the wife of a famous boxer or you belong to a political family or if you are getting money for selling something illegal -- note that I do not fall into any of that category. But of course every girl deserves a fashion item, a conversation piece or just anything that can umph-ify the everyday look.

As with shoes, a girl can never have too many bags. I am happy that a lot of young designers are  given the opportunity to channel their creative designs and cater to people in the lower class group. Suy Bags is a brainchild of 19 year-old Samantha Uy. It's inspiring that she is successful at that age, noh? As per the saleslady, Sam Uy designs the bags and gets them manufactured in Thailand.

I got to know this brand through blogs that I follow, I was intrigued by the intricate designs and color palette of their bags. I would've ordered online but I really wanted to see their designs in person. So one Saturday morning after my Hojicha fix, Sissy, Miguel and I headed to SM Marikina where their only physical store is located. The store was smaller that I expected but the bags did not disappoint, there were lots of bags in different sizes and colors and designs. It was like we died and woke up in affordable bag heaven. It took as an hour to get there and another hour just to decide which bags we're gonna take. Sissy settled for a large purple satchel that can house all her everyday stuff and more! As a belated birthday gift the boyfriend got me bags - yes that was not a typo. He bought me not just a bag but two bags. He noticed that I was having trouble just choosing one eh. Sweet noh? :)

One was a satchel-like full length orange shoulder bag with a rough surface, this is the smaller bag of the two. The other is faux leather bag with an animal print flap that can transition from a shoulder bag to a hand bag. It took me a while to get this post together because I wanted to 'test' my bags if they are durable and they both are - so far. I have been alternating those two bags for almost a month now and being the commuter that I am you can only imagine the weight the bags has to carry everyday. 


The best thing about Suy Bags? They don't over commercialize, only a few bags of each design and color are manufactured and you are sure that the bags are well thought of.

Get your own Suy Bag here.

2 comments:

  1. I love your bags and you got a really sweet boyfriend indeed. hehe :) Btw I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog. Please follow this link to know more about the details! http://imavintagebee.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ♥ Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.. that's so sweet of you :) Thanks Maria! :)

      Delete