Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lip girl/Eye girl

Kikay kit - every girl has one. The contents of a kikay is a reflection of who the girl is and what part of the face she wants to bring out more. If your kikay kit contains mostly eye shadows, a good pair of tweezers, mascara and the like then you are an eye-girl. On the other hand, if you have lip gloss, lipsticks, lip liners, lib balms and lip scrubs then you are a lip-girl. I am not saying a lip-girl cannot be an eye-girl or vice versa. Now, if you are curious to know what category you belong then try to remember the times when you woke up late for office or school and you have no time to do both - which part would you choose to groom? That will answer your question. 

I am a lip girl. No, I don't have gazillions of lip products but during crunch time I color my lips and then I feel good about myself. I'll share my go-to products with you.
what's in my kikay kit
Ever since Sherly introduced me to the Mary Kay Creme lipstick I never used any other lipstick brand again. The color stays on for the longest time and this does not dry your lips. It's like you're wearing a sexier version of a tinted lip balm! Since I started using this product my lips no longer crack at the end of the day. I have nothing but praises for Mary Kay.

Mary Kay's Dusty Rose on the left and Toffee Caramel on the right.
I have a thing for lip liners, I consider them as must-haves. I remember owning my first piece a year back when Leslie showed me that lip liners can be used as lipsticks! The thing with lip liners is that you don't need to be an expert to apply it as compared to lipsticks - you can control the intensity of the color and you won't go beyond your lips when coloring. Remember though that when using lip liners as lipsticks you have to put lip balm so as not to scratch your lips and cause cracks. I used to be a fan of Body Shop's Born Lippy in Rasberry but lately I switched to LipIce as my Lip balm - same effect, only cheaper. I miss the yummy Rasberry smell though.  

Lip liners. From L-R: NYX Hot Red, NYX Bloom, NYX Hot Pink and Etude Nude
NYX Lip liners are my favorite right now. To diversify, I usually choose the darker colors since I go for light colored lipsticks already but when I saw Etude's Nude lip liner I went against my personal rule and bought it -- and now together with my LipIce lip balm, I am enjoying the I-have-no-lipstick-but-I do look. 


My latest purchase is Revlon's Just bitten lipstain + balm, I am not going ga-ga about this product because  it has the same effect as LipIce. True that it stays longer but it's really not for me. The product comes in a tip to tip package -- lip stain on one end and the balm on the other. I wish Revlon can improve the packaging, it's really hard to put the cap back on the balm end without damaging the balm, maybe make it retractable next time? For Php575, I wont buy this product again -- but then again, I heard REVLON released a new version of Just Bitten.. hmm. something to think about. 

So that's it - my lip essentials. what's yours? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment