Thursday, August 2, 2012

Roboto San Japanese Grill Buffet

I first heard about this place from my friends at the office. Sissy and Mitch bought groupons for themselves and their boyfies but since my internet connection was slow I gave up on scoring the groupon and instead I just decided to pay for the regular price.

The first thing that came into mind when I first heard about Robot San is Yakimx -- with robots as waiters in place of regular people. An image of the Jetsons popped into my mind. Japanese grill buffets are not uncommon in Manila, with the success of it's predecessors Yakimix and Sambokojin, it wasn't a surprise that a different take on Japanese grill buffet would emerge. 

Sissy and Hanz bought lunch groupons and my Miguel and I decided to just double date with them. The  first thing you notice when you step into the place is the modern take in dining, there are white solid beams that form interesting shapes and the play on the wall colors is very futuristic. What caught my eye is the large screen TV with Voltes 5 reruns. Good concept eh? A total blast from the past! The eye catching chair design is also a plus. Children and child at hearts would definitely enjoy their robot designs.

Robot Chairs
The food on the other side, did not disappoint when it came to taste but in terms of variety -- well let's just say it's a far cry from Yakimix. Of course there's marinated meat from chicken to pork to beef and seafood. There were also soups and cooked dishes that were served on the buffet table. The best seller for me would be the beef stew and the of course my favorite tempura. Did I mention that there's a salad bar?

Salad Bar

Their version of HaloHalo

Grill in action
Ooooh. I forgot to mention that their dessert table was really a treat! I could eat their Sesama ice cream again and again and again. yum yum yum! It's sad that I wasn't able to take a picture of their dessert. I was to busy to eat that I totally forgot. Epic Fail. haha

my date 

Sissy and I found our robots! See how the color  matches  her blouse and my cape?
I wouldn't be running back to Roboto San anytime soon, just because there are tons of other places to try but for a Php500+ lunch buffet it was worth the experience!

Roboto San Japanese Grill Buffet
2nd Floor, Crossroads, 32nd St., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
Mon – Fri 11:am – 2:30pm, 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Sat – Sun 5:15pm – 8:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment