Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pinatatag ng panahon


Pinatatag ng panahon. That was how a friend described me. I smiled and I realized that is the biggest compliment anybody ever told me. To be appreciated as a daughter, as a sister and as a woman is a big deal to me. It empowered me and made me realize that the journey I went through was extraordinary -- It was sad, happy, painful and fulfilling at the same time. I am a better person because of everyhting that I went through in life. I wen through every obstacle and I emerged victorious. After each fall, I just stood up brushed the dirt away and moved on. I am blessed with a strong will, good friends and a happy family.

I would not trade the life I had and have to any alternative.

Anyhoo, my team went out yesterday to bond, celebrate Juancho's birthday and to celebrate my independence(words borrowed from Jeff). It was fun to be in a group of couples and be single. I am a sucker for other people's happiness, it makes me think of what is in store for me in the future. Being single made me enjoy going out more, I appreicated every person I meet and every person I interact with. People often think that I am hunting for a new lovelife - I am not. I believe in waiting and not pushing things. I believe in meeting other people  through mutual friends, but I don't believe in pushing things that are not meant to happen.

If ever I find a man --  I want somebody who can make me smile and laugh, who I can run to when I feel bad, who I can be excited to talk to when I have good news. I want someone who can protect me without stepping on my independence, someone who makes me commit mistakes and let me grow up on my own, yet still be there when I fall and get hurt. I want someone who can love my family and who has family that I can love too. I want someone who is God fearing and who respects women and older people. I want an honest man. It also wouldn't hurt that he is cute. I want someone who can be my friend, I still love the idea of growing old with a friend.

I am looking forward to what life has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment